Prior to each fill of the machine, it is recommended to follow these cleaning instructions:
- Regular cleaning is essential for smooth running of the machine and to maintain the hygienic standard of the product.
- Empty any unused product from the machine, and discard if past the “best before” date provided by the manufacturer of the product.
- The safest way to clean your machine is using dry methods, such as good quality paper towels and nylon brushes for this purpose. Unscented alcohol-based wipes are also suitable. For more information about cleaning and where to purchase suitable cleaning materials, contact your local Environmental Health Office.
- Never use an abrasive cleaner.
- Cleaning by dry methods reduces the risk of product contamination by food poisoning bacteria, and should be the method of choice. If for any reason wet cleaning cannot be avoided, then it is vital that the machine is completely dry before being reassembled and refilled. A minimum of 24 hours drying time is recommended to ensure all moisture is evaporated.
- Pay special attention to the inside corners of the square shaped machines, such as the Northern Beaver, Tower and Square Beaver. Be sure to remove any stale product and thoroughly clean the corners before refilling the machine.
- The outside of the machine can be cleaned using the same materials.
- Buffing the exterior components can help to remove any remaining marks.
- The rough front surface of the coin mechanism is best cleaned using a brush.